Save on parking fees
Avoid the rangers, the tickets and the meters – package the cost of parking in an approved parking station and you can save money and hassle.
How it works
Once you’ve applied with Smartsalary:
- make an agreement with a parking station to pay for a space on a regular basis
- tell us how much that space will cost you.
Then we’ll let your employer know to set aside that amount from your pre-tax pay. We’ll then use those pre-tax dollars to pay your parking fees directly to the parking station.
What you need to know
- You can’t pay for parking day to day. You need to make an arrangement to park at the station on a regular basis – and make regular ongoing payments – kind of like a lease.
- Once you tell us to start paying for the space, we’ll keep paying for it until you tell us to stop.
- You can only park at a station that’s been pre-approved by your employer – we’ll let you know which ones they are.
Car parking costs attract FBT, but only a portion of the item value will be taxed – and if you normally pay for your parking anyway you’ll most likely still save when you package the cost.
Register now to learn more.